Best Denture Adhesive
There are so many denture wearers out there that have problems with their fit it can be debilitating, depressing & even affect your overall health. I have a few tips I hope can help make things fit a little bit better. If nothing else I could only hope to empower & inspire those who feel hopeless to know they are not alone and there are some things you can do on your own to help.
What do you like the most?See results without voting
Dentures that Fit Poorly Cause Heath Problems & Unwanted Pain
There are so many denture adhesives on the market it can leave you with a migraine head ache. In my research for the best denture adhesive on the market it has to be said that your head will be spinning by the time you are done. Some products are great still others are a complete waste of time and money. Denture adhesives are not all the same, some are great whiles others a waste of time and money.
I have come up with a way to save you time, money and help make your dentures last longer. Use your favorite adhesive along with other products to help the fit be more complete. Not all denture adhesives are created equal, having said that there are a lot of products that can be used for denture adhesive. There are different price ranges and products that work differently. Some work as just an adhesive some work as a Silvia stimulant to create better adhesion.
One of the main problems with dentures is that they end up being very loose fitting because your bone structure changes so much from the tooth loss. The best way to help extend the life of your dentures is to line them. In order to line your dentures to extend the life of your dentures you have to find products that have a long lasting ability. Most products are temporary and do not do what they promise. Most people do not have money to throw away on products that do not work. This is the main reason most people end up going to their dentist to get their dentures lined.
A set of dentures according to the dentist should be replaced every 3 to 5 years. I seriously doubt that many people have the money to purchase a new set of dentures every few years for thousands of dollars. It can be very painful to have a set of dentures that do not fit correctly. There are some great products out there that when used correctly will make your life enjoyable again. Dinner time can be a wonderful time again when you find out how to use these products to better your dentures new or old either way.
Yes there is a way to fix your loose fitting dentures that will change your life. There is a product that is a Thermoplastic Denture Adhesive that can & does help.
Amazon Price: $17.84
List Price: $32.24
Amazon Price: $18.38
List Price: $30.61
Amazon Price: $10.98
List Price: $21.00
Amazon Price: $16.70
List Price: $29.63
Amazon Price: $20.23
List Price: $32.57
Take a Bite Outta Life!
1. Clean your dentures with a clear of your choice then rinse thoroughly with cold water first then hot. Make sure they are completely clean and dry before moving on.
2. Next heat your thermoplastic product with hot water in a glass.
3. Now use your thermoplastic productto line your dentures where they are loose. Now if your dentures are very loose you can cut a small piece of pink or red colored felt using a small pair of nail scissors works best so you can trim your felt as close to the denture top as possible.
4. Now using your thermoplastic product liner on the bottom, then add your felt and another layer of thermoplastic product to make it air tight against your denture.
5. Press as firmly as you can all along the felt. Make sure you have a layer of thermoplastic product on top and bottom of your felt that is air tight it will last for months.Check for fit in your mouth once the cushion grip is cool. You can run cold water over them to speed up the cooling process.
6. Make sure you trim the felt as close as you can as this can and will cause rubbing which we all know will cause mouth sores. Now if your dentures are extremely loose just buy the thicker felt and it will work wonderfully. If you feel spots that need trimmed go ahead and trim them now.
7. Using your favorite denture adhesive add a layer to the denture and press firmly into your mouth. Take them out a few times rinse under water then place them in your mouth again pressing firmly until you get the best fit. As you add cold water to the adhesive and remove them then replace them into your mouth you will notice the adhesive will set up and become more adhering. Brush your teeth afterwards to remove any extra adhesive.
8. Now the most important step is to wait at least 8 hours to eat anything hard as the Thermoplastic Denture Adhesive has to set up and become a hardened rubber type product. While you wait it's good to drink something with ice to help cool your adhesive to help it set up faster. Once you wait a few hours you can then eat something. There is a slight after taste but this goes away after a while. If you use adhesives you are most likely use to a taste in your mouth as it is. You will want to trim the excess thermoplastic product when you can remove them but this will be a day or two I promise you there will be no way to pull them off for a day or even two. Now when you do take them out to clean them go ahead and use your small scissors to trim the excess thermoplastic product off as close to your denture top as possible. Now you can use a bit more of your favorite adhesive to reinstall them once again.
Note* You can use a small file to smooth edges of your dentures that may be rubbing your mouth causing sores.
* You can also use powder adhesive added to the gel adhesive to make a better bond more quickly.
Believe it or not your dentures will fit better then ever and for a very long time.
If you have issues with this product you should consult their company as they know all the product detail I am just giving my opinion on their product.
(4) Fixodent Original Denture Adhesive Cream - BEST VALUE - 4 x 1.4 ounce each
Current Bid: $10.99
I am in no way saying do not go to your dentist before doing anything to help your dentures fit better. By all means your first action should be going to your Dentist they are professionals who know everything about dentures. This article is just an opinion & in no way should be mistaken for medical advice of any kind. As always consult your dentist in any & all dental matters. Thank you & have a great day.
This Hub was last updated on April 15, 2013
You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this article up or down.